Pulse’s Adaptive WiFi+ is a whole-home digital ecosystem enhancement and protection system. In addition to blanketing your home in wireless connectivity, increasing your total speed, and giving you access to over 50 HD channels on TiVo+, you’ll enjoy a robust suite of tools to help keep your kids safe online.
According to a July 2020 article from the Pew Research Center, two-thirds of parents in the U.S. say parenting is harder today than it was 20 years ago, with many citing technologies — like social media or smartphones — as the reason. They go on to say that seventy-one percent of parents with a child under 12 are very, or somewhat concerned that their children might spend too much time in front of screens.
“I was so excited when Pulse released Adaptive WiFi+! The HomePass®️ parental controls really increase the quality of our home life. We can make sure our children are protected online. I can make sure we all get offline and spend time together as a family. It’s easy to set limits so everybody isn’t browsing aimlessly when there is homework to be done. It’s really a game-changer for parents!” ~Jake, Pulse Enthusiast
One of many reasons the Pulse team was eager to release HomePass®️ was due to the outstanding suite of Parental Controls available to keep kiddos safe online. Our platform is:
- Easy to use. HomePass Parental Control features are easy to use and navigate, even for parents who are not tech-savvy. You can set up controls in just a few minutes, and you can easily adjust the settings as needed.
- Effective. The Control features are effective at blocking inappropriate websites and content. They use a variety of methods to block content, including URL filtering, keyword filtering, and category filtering.
- Flexible. Control is flexible enough to meet the needs of different families. You can set different levels of restrictions for different devices and users. For example, you could allow your child to watch YouTube on their tablet but block them from accessing social media sites.
- Secure. Control uses the latest security technologies to protect your family’s privacy. Your data is encrypted and stored on secure servers.
- Up-to-date. Plume HomePass parental controls are constantly being updated to block new threats and content. This means that you can be confident that your family is always protected.
Specific examples of how Control can benefit families include:
- You can block inappropriate websites and content. This includes websites that contain violence, pornography, hate speech, or other harmful content.
- You can set time limits on internet use. This can help your child to develop healthy online habits and avoid overuse.
- You can track your child’s online activity. This can help you to see what websites they are visiting and who they are talking to online.
- You can control who your child can talk to online. This can help to protect your child from online predators and other harmful individuals.
- Set a good example with your own safe and healthy screen habits.
- Encourage using screens in ways that build creativity and connection with family and friends.
- Encourage your child to learn other activities such as sports, music, art, and hobbies that do not involve screens.
- Turn off screens during family meals and outings.
- Turn off screens and remove them from bedrooms 30-60 minutes before bedtime.
- Learn about and use Parental Controls.
- …and more!
Pulse’s Adaptive WiFi+ parental control is a valuable tool for keeping your family safe online. It is easy to use, effective, flexible, secure, and up-to-date. If you are looking for a way to protect your family’s online experience, Adaptive WiFi+ may be just the suite you are looking for.
If you’re interested in learning more about your community-owned, fiber-optic, 10 Gigabit internet provider, we’d love to answer any questions you’ve got. Visit us and subscribe online at pulsefiber.org, or call M-F 8-5 to speak to a Loveland-based customer service representative at 970-541-4990.